How To Do Ab Crunch Exercise
What you need to know about ab crunch exercise?
Ab crunch exercise is essential. Why? Your abdominal muscles provide the foundation of movement for your entire body. It also supports your back, and maintains your balance and stability. Your abdominal muscles are very essential for optimal body movement and increasingly important as you advance in age.
Ab crunch exercise is a good type of routine which is simple to do, cost nothing and can be done anywhere. If you incorporate this exercise to your other fitness-maintaining activities, it will give you a lot of benefits such as toning and strengthening your abdominal muscles and stabilizing your core. Another advantage is that it will give you less stress than other challenging abdominal exercises.
However, most people who do the ab crunch exercise does it incorrectly thus wasting their time often resulting to back problems and neck injuries. While this exercise is easy to do, it has to be done in the right manner so you can harness good results. Now, let’s find out the right and easy way to do this exercise.
Steps For AB Crunch Exercise:
1. Lie on the floor on your back with knees bent. Then cross your arms on your chest instead of placing it in under your head to avoid straining your neck.
2. Straighten your lower back against the floor and pull your belly button towards your spine.
3. Tighten your abdominal muscles and lift your shoulders about 2 to 3 inches off the floor.
4. Exhale as you work your way up keeping your neck straight, chin up.
5. Hold in this position for a few seconds while breathing continuously.
6. Slowly lower back down to the starting position keeping your core contracted and not relaxed.
7. Repeat the steps between 15-20 times keeping the perfect form on each repetition.
8. If you want a challenge, you can add variations by bringing your knees in as you lift your upper body off the floor.
9. To increase the level of difficulty, balance using an exercise ball.
Ab crunch exercise is quite effective and is undoubtedly one of the simple way to tone your abs, this shouldn’t be your exercise alone. You need to do a variety of ab exercises because of the fact that there is no single abdominal exercise that is most effective when done alone.
To strengthen your core, abdominal exercises must be done in different ranges of motion, in different angles and positions. It is also important to know and understand that a person’s workout routine may not work for others so you need to find the ones that work for you and is proven to show good results.
Abdominal exercises alone won’t make your abs flat quickly or make those six-packs abs appear instantly without observing a healthy diet. A poor diet will cause your body to hold excess fats despite of your exercise efforts. Aim to reduce or eliminate sugar and increase intake for healthy fats, such as coconut oil and omega-3s on your diet. With patience and discipline you will surely achieve the perfect abs that you wish for. So, do the ab crunch exercise right.