Save Time and Money With These Great Ab Workouts At Home
You may have no time to go to the gym with so many things to do at work and at home. You might also want to be spared from cost of gym membership every month or you aren’t comfortable working out in public that’s why you want to know more about great ab workouts at home.
Exercising at the comfort of your home gives you a lot more benefits than doing so in the gym. Not only will it save you time and money but you have your own choice to do the workout anytime of the day with cleaner environment and privacy. It will not also give you added pressure to push yourself to the point of exhaustion thinking that other people have a better shape than you are. This can motivate you but on the other hand, it can ruin your self-image.
It is essential that you have to include a proper balanced diet in your plan to get the results you need. Here, we have listed 6 great ab workouts at home to include in your fitness program plan. There’s really nothing else that could make you feel better than doing a good set of these exercises. So get yourself warmed up and follow each of the exercises that we’re going to describe below.
Great Ab Workouts At Home You Can Do:
• Start in a push-up position and keep your body straight, abs engaged.
• Bend your elbows and lower your body to the floor then press back up.
• Bend your left knee towards the outside of your left elbow then hold for 2 to 3 seconds then return to the starting position.
• Repeat the push-up and by this time, bend your right knee should towards the outside of your right elbow.
• Return to the starting position then continue the steps for 6 to 8 times on each side.
2. Do The Standing Knee Tuck
• To start, stand with your feet together then lift your leg straight back and your arms forward at the level of your ears.
• Keep your abs engaged and with control, slowly bend your left knee toward your chest as you pull your arms down to knee.
• Return to the starting position and repeat to the other side.
• Do in 2 sets for 6-8 times on each side.
• Sit on the floor with knees bent and feet flat on the floor placing your arms straight at your sides in your hips, hands pointing forward.
• Keep our abs engaged and with control, slowly lift your body off the floor keeping your feet and hands flat on the ground for support. Keep your arms straight and hold in this position for 2 to 3 seconds.
• With control, slowly lower your body with your hips back between your arms and legs extended.
• Bend your knees back to the starting position then repeat the steps for 8-10 times.
4. Rock The Boat
• To start, sit on the floor with knees bent and feet flat on the floor placing your hands at the back of your thighs.
• Keep your abs engaged and roll down to your upper back, lifting your legs off the floor and pointing your toes to the ceiling.
• With effort and control, stand up without using your hands then jump while twisting your body to the left side. Jump again and twist back to the center then return to the starting position and repeat to the opposite side.
• Do in 2 sets for 3 to 5 times.
• If you find it hard to stand, use your hand to push up off the floor. Keep your back straight in your entire workout.
• Start in pushup position with palms resting on the floor under your shoulders and toes on the ground.
• Hold in this position for 30 to 45 second or for as long as you can keeping your abs engaged and your back straight.
• Do in 4-6 reps.Keep your arms straight and toes pointed on the floor throughout the workout.
• For a more challenging plank, try to support only one arm on the floor and change opposite side for every rep.
6. The Jack Plank
• Start in a push-up position placing your arms under your shoulders and your toes pointed on the ground.
• Keep your arms and back straight, abs engaged.
• Inhale and release as you quickly jump forward placing your feet outside of your hands while keeping your arms straight.
• With control, jump back to the starting position.
• Repeat the steps for 10-12 times.
• To make it easier, instead of jumping, walk with your feet forward and back.
• Lie on the floor facing down with your palms resting on the floor at your sides near the chest.
• Slowly lift your upper body off the floor, pulling your shoulders blades together. Keep your lower body straight on the floor and palms resting on the ground.
• Hold in this position for 2 to 3 seconds then lower your body down to the starting position.
• Do for 10-12 reps.
• For a more challenging workout, try lifting your legs off the floor.
You probably have already tried one or two of the workouts that we’ve listed here but stopped after seeing no results but you need to keep in mind that working out and doing some exercise for the purpose of getting flatter and better toned abs doesn’t produce results after one, two or three tries. You need to do these great ab workouts at home regularly if your goal is to really achieve six pack abs sooner and be sure to couple your efforts with healthy low-calorie diet to get results faster!