7 Awesome Ab Exercises Without Weights
Most exercises that are aimed towards developing some muscles in different areas of the body really use weights. But did you know that there are, actually, some especially those that are designed to tone the abs which don’t involve using weights at all?
You might already be asking “How is that even possible?” right now. But the answer is simple – your body itself has weight. And you can take advantage of that in doing these 7 ab exercises without weights that we’ve compiled just for you.
Why Start Doing Ab Exercises Without Weights?
So you already have enrolled to a gym near you then suddenly while you are researching about some exercises that can make those six pack appear, you found this article and learned that you can actually do ab exercises without weights. Well, instead of quitting right away from the gym, let your enrollment expire first and just do workouts there then after the first month, you can quit and start doing ab exercises without weights.
You can then compare the results in the second month and you’ll see that doing things the normal way (without using weights) actually feels better than straining your muscles with those heavy iron stuff at the gym. This is because you were only using some natural weight which your body can actually carry without causing strains on your muscles.
So what are the exercises that we’re talking about and how can you do them? Below are some simple to follow instructions for each of the 7 ab exercises without weights, which you can do every day for a better toned abs and healthier body.
1. The Long Arm Crunch
• Lie down on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor then raise your arms over your head.
• With control, slowly lift your head and your chest off the floor keeping your arms raised over your head and your feet flat on the ground.
• Repeat for 12 to 15 times.
• Lie on the floor with your arms extended at your sides forming a “T” then lift your legs while keeping your feet together off the ground in a 90 degree angle and your back anchored on the floor.
• With control, slowly let your legs fall to the right side so that your feet will almost touch the ground.
• Then lift your leg up by twisting your hips and slowly let them fall to your left side, feet almost touches the ground keeping your upper back planted on the floor facing up.
• Repeat for 12 to 15 times on both sides to make 1 set. Do this for 2 to 3 sets.
3. The Jack Knife Sit Ups
• Lie down on the floor with your arms above your head and legs straight on the floor.
• Brace your abs and slowly lift your upper body and legs simultaneously with your arms raised and reaching your fingers towards your toes.
• Hold in this position for 2 to 3 seconds then lower your upper body and your legs back to the starting position.
• Repeat for 10-15 times to make 1 set. Do it in 2 to 3 sets.
• Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, keeping your weight in your heels.
• Keep your abs engaged and sit back to do the squatting position with your knees bent in a 90 degree angle and back slightly lean forward.
• Then raise your arms over your head and hold in this position for 2 to 3 seconds. Stand up while putting down your arms to your sides.
• Do for 12-15 repetitions.
5. The Modified Crunch
• Lie down on the floor with your knees bent and your hands placed under your head, feet joined together.
• With control, slowly lift your hips off the floor and extend your legs upward keeping your abs engaged.
• Slowly lower your hips and legs down back to the starting position without letting your toes touch the ground.
• Repeat for 18-20 times with control and slow movement.
• Lie on the floor facing up with your arms extended placing them at the sides of your thighs without touching the floor.
• Keep your abs engaged and lift your shoulder blades off the ground. Then slowly lift your legs and bend your knees while your arms extended forward above your knees.
• With control, slowly lower down your back to the floor keeping your head, shoulders and legs off the ground.
• Repeat for 20-25 times.
7. Push-up And Rotate
• Start in a plank position with your feet in line with your hips and your arms under your shoulders.
• Lower your body down to the floor by bending your elbows. Then return to a plank position and twist to the left.
• As you twist your body to the left, raise your left arm towards the ceiling. Keeping body straight and abs engaged.
• Then return to the plank position and twist to the right reaching your right arm to the ceiling.
• Return back to the starting position then repeat the steps for 12 to 15 times.
As you can see, there are actually some ab exercises without weights that are capable of being done even from the comfort of your home. We gave 7 of them so you can have a complete arsenal of workouts that will not only tone your abs but would also help you get fit. With proper diet and discipline in doing these ab exercises without weights, you should be feeling better and better each day!